[OpenAFS-GK] RE: [OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.0.1 compile failure

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:10:41 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Dave Koziol wrote:

> One additional thing that may come up.  All of the *.et files in the
> directory tree have DOS end of line markers if you pull them down with
> WinCVS.  These files need to have Unix end of line markers or they won't
> parse properly and you'll get compile time errors.

Presumably this can be avoided until dealt with, by using the copies being
distributed with the releases, which have never seen WinCVS.

> You can easily search for *.et, and file change the end of line markers to
> get everything to compile.
>
> Ultimately, these files should either get checked into CVS in binary mode,
> or comerr should be changed on NT to support DOS end of line markers.

Special file handling in CVS would probably be a problem the very next
time an et error table file was added, making the option of having the
tools deal correctly with DOS-style EOL semantics preferable.

If no one else does, I will look into it shortly

-D