[OpenAFS-devel] MODVERSIONS patch

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
23 Jan 2001 18:45:19 -0500

Michael Welsh Duggan <md5i@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> Because that is the standard place kernel modules should go, according
> to the FHS.  Have I misunderstood the question?

Yes, you have misunderstood the question.  OpenAFS is not part of the
Linux Kernel (indeed, it is not Linux-specific in any way).  It
provides its own location and loading methods for its module.  Why are
you bypassing those and then trying to backfeed into OpenAFS?  Unless,
of course, this is in preparation for a Linux kernel code-drop?

-derek