[OpenAFS-devel] error reading cell database

M. Hwang minjae@diva.yonsei.ac.kr
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:09:07 +0900

Sorry.. My last mail was encoded. So I post again.

Finally I built InstallShield version of OpenAFS. and I installed on Windows 2000 Server.

After Install, When I run "Server/Configuration Wizard", it doesn't response. No beep sound, No error dialog....
I ran "afssvrcfg.exe" manually, it results same.

but When I ran "afssvrcfg.exe" where compiler made directory (c:\projects\openafs-1.0.2\dest\root.server\usr\afs\bin ), a dialog pop up and it says "error reading cell database (0x0002C114)"

I also tried to run "bos" manually.
I stopped a service "IBM AFS Server" in SCM and ran "bosserver -noauth" manually.

and typed

bos listhosts <servername>

and it says "bos: can't open cell database (C:/WINNT)"

other BOS command results same. (ex. bos setcellname )

I guess that showing cell database directory path(C:/WINNT) is invalid.
"C:/WINNT" couldn't be cell database path

The correct one might be "C:\Program Files\IBM\AFS\Server\usr\afs\etc"

Anybody has idea about this?

Thanks!

MinJae Hwang
minjae@diva.yonsei.ac.kr