[OpenAFS-devel] kernel 2.4.0 and openafs-1.0.2 ...

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:25:29 -0500

In message <3A7669A4.BD090C51@lrz-muenchen.de>,Herbert Huber writes:
>Yes, we are running "high memory support" on both machines!

i strongly suspect that this is the problem.  afs knows a little
too much about the paging system.  try running a kernel w/o
CONFIG_HIGHMEM (the 1GB machine doesnt need it really), if this
solves your problem, i will try to take a look at fixing afs
for CONFIG_HIGHMEM

>Fine, let's give your binaries a try. Please tell me how to download your
>binaries.

i will put up some binaries later today at
ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/chas/openafs/i386_linux24.tar.gz