[OpenAFS-devel] suggested additional configure option

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
01 Jul 2001 16:52:06 -0400

    Derrick> On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:
    >> --with-kernel-cc= --with-kernel-cflags=
    >>
    >> and perhaps KCC, KCFLAGS env vars to preset them before
    >> configure run.

    Derrick> Send in a patch. That said, given that the model
    Derrick> configure already uses is you setting CC and CFLAGS, just
    Derrick> allow KCC and KCFLAGS and not adding yet more switches to
    Derrick> the soon-to-be-overwhelming configure script is probably
    Derrick> a better idea.

Actually, I'd sort of rather AFS not introduce any variables that are
not part of standard configure without adding switches for them.  If
you really want to do this you sholud at least document them
somewhere.