[OpenAFS-devel] suggested additional configure option

Mitch Collinsworth mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Consider that every feature that can only be enabled at compile time will
> already be adding a switch. How many switches can we reasonably expect the
> configure; make; make install crowd (who already can't make install, but
> that can be fixed, even if it's cheap) to deal with?

Something I've seen done in at least one case where many configure-time
switches are available is use of a config.site file.  You put all your
favorite config options in config.site and save it in $prefix.  Next
time you do a build you start with ./configure --prefix=whatever, and
configure grabs config.site from $prefix and includes all the options
specified there.

-Mitch