[OpenAFS-devel] recursive find

Andreas V. Meier andreas@roses.de
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:07:26 +0200

Hi there,

I just experienced a problem with recursive find.
This seems to be some problem with afs, because on ext2 and any other it
works.
(ok, might be a feature and not a bug, just tell me,)

At the rootdir of a mounted afsvolume on my linuxbox i issued a
        find . -type d -print
The options do not really matter, but what I have seen is that find only
showed me the contents of the current directory, it did not go through
subdirs.

It worked as I assumed from any deeper directory, just not from the
volume-rootdir.

Of course I have the respective rights to list all subdirs (I am the
admin).

I worked around this by creating a loop wich issues find for each
subdirectory find finds first, but I would be happier otherwise.

Thx for any comments, I use afs for 1,5 months now and it worked almost
perfect.
(Best thing: homedirs are now on the afs server -> a lot of traffic ->
boss will buy a new switch ;)

Ciao

Andreas