[OpenAFS-devel] unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

Adam Simpkins simpkins@stanford.edu
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 23:51:52 -0700

I am seeing the same problems as reported by Jan Pospisil on his email
from May 3,2 2001.  I was just upgrading my kernel and OpenAFS, and I
am running into the following problem:  when I try to load the AFS
module, it reports _mmx_memcpy as an unresolved symbol.

I am using kernel 2.4.6, compiled for an Athlon/K7 with module version
support turned on.

I am compiling OpenAFS 1.0.4a from the sources (I have also tried with
1.0.4).  I am compiling against the correct kernel sources.

I beleive the problem is that AFS is not being compiled with the
proper support for module versions.  The AFS module is using the
symbol _mmx_memcpy, which is without the extra versioning information.

I would prefer to fix this without turning off module versioning in
the kernel.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Adam Simpkins
simpkins@stanford.edu