[OpenAFS-devel] PATCH: break up cache into reasonable subdirs for large cache sizes

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
07 Jul 2001 16:32:44 -0400

Sam Hartman <hartmans@mekinok.com> writes:

> I think calling it files_per_dir if it takes log2 of files per dir is
> probably a bad idea.  I've always found chunksize confusing and I'm
> not sure it is a good habbit to get in.

Feel free to suggest a different name.  I am not tied at all to the
one I chose.

> How will this patch interact with an existing cache?

It will wind up rebuilding the cache, meaning you will lose your
cached data.  But it should work fine (meaning it will cleanly rebuild
the cache).  You will also lose cached data if you change the
file_per_dir size.

-derek