[OpenAFS-devel] Linux Kernel Module build question

Sam Hartman hartmans@mekinok.com
12 Jul 2001 13:06:46 -0400

    Derek> Where it is currently, in the afs initscript.  It already
    Derek> attempts to choose the 'correct' module, but it only bases
    Derek> it on 'uname -r'.  Obviously this doesn't help in the case
    Derek> of i386 v. i586 v. i686 v. athlon.  But I've got code to
    Derek> fix this, and choose the module based upon the contents of
    Derek> /proc/ksyms.

But that is not the standard interface for loading modules on Linux.
The standard interface for loading modules is to use modprobe possibly
called from an init script.

Now that you have been presented a solution within the Redhat model
that could support this, I think you should adopt it.