[OpenAFS-devel] Large Caches: Implementation Discussion

Sam Hartman hartmans@mekinok.com
17 Jul 2001 17:02:07 -0400

    Derek> There were a few open issues with regards to my large-cache
    Derek> patch that I sent in.  As I recall, the issues were:

    Derek> 	1) The name of the afsd option: I had used
    Derek> -files_per_subdir but there was some objection that what I
    Derek> was really looking for was the log2 of the number of files
    Derek> per subdir.  Do people really care?  If so, do you have a
    Derek> suggestion?

Yes.  I think -chunksize tends to be one of the most confusing things
about afsd.  I'd suggest that you take the log of the size yourself,
possibly rounding to an integer number of bits.