[OpenAFS-devel] strings.h or strings.h

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:03:22 -0400

In message <3B642C05.93ECFC64@umr.edu>,Nathan Neulinger writes:
>I'd say that we could go back to including both, and just undeff'ing
>HAVE_STRING_H on aix? Or perhaps we should put in a compile test that

i would vote for including only one of string.h or strings.h and
writing:

#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
#include  <string.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
#Include <strings.h>
#endif

however, it might be a troublesome to get configure to detect which
file is correct.  i suppose you could just plain grep for the various
string functions.

i would also be happy if string.h was the default instead of strings.h
 string.h is usually considered to be more correct.  strings.h usually
contains the older bsd routines bcmp, etc which are generally
considered deprecated.