[OpenAFS-devel] Are fonts within doc PDFs consistent with the license

Mattias Amnefelt mattiasa@e.kth.se
06 Jun 2001 17:58:44 +0200

Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu> writes:

> So, it is my understanding that the docs can be distributed under the
> IBM public license just like the software.  This is good and I was
> planning on distributing an AFS docs package for Debian.
>
> However, I saw a delta to add fonts to the PDFs just committed.  I
> wanted to make sure these fonts were licensed with something that is
> compatible with the IPL.

Ok, I've worked it out now, I think. :) Sorry it took so long.

The first PDF:s I created included fonts made by Micropress. We have
permission to distribute these fonts as pdf:s, but I'm unsure if they are
compatible with the IPL.

The tetex distribution of LaTeX includes scalable type1-fonts donated by
bluesky, and I have rebuilt the pdf:s using these fonts instead. These
fonts are included in the tetex distribution, and I can't find anything
about distributing documents generated with tetex. They only talk about
distributing the distribution in itself. Anyway, if we are allowed to
distribute the original documents, then distributing the documents with
fonts shouldn't be a problem, should it?

The new pdfs are available at
http://www.e.kth.se/~mattiasa/doc/afs/progint/

/mattiasa