[OpenAFS-devel] token/pag cleanup on i386_linux*

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:15:37 -0500

On my heavy-authentication-activity clients, I have to run a token cleanup
script that gets rid of tokens for processes that have gone away/etc. It's
my understanding that the GCPAGS code does this automatically. What is
preventing this from being enabled on linux?

(If anyone wants the script, I'll be happy to send it to you, it uses a
combination of processing kdump output and examining auxgroup membershup
from /proc.)

If you don't run this, and you have a server that does a lot of token
activity, you get into a situation where the afs_users structure in the
kernel is HUGE and very very very slow, which impacts everything on the
machine. I'm running scripts to handle this on hpux (poorly) and linux.

-- Nathan