[OpenAFS-devel] token/pag cleanup on i386_linux*

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:22:09 -0500

I don't know.

The hpux version is poorly done and assumes a generally interactive box with
no jobs running by a user after the user has logged off.

The linux version is able to determine if any processes are running in a
particular pag by checking aux groups. If the solaris /proc has this
information, then you might be able to get it modified to work on solaris,
although I think that on solaris, the gcpags stuff is already running, but I
don't remember for certain.

The easy way to tell if it's needed - do a 'kdump -users' and look at the
number at the end. If it seems large compared to the number of users logged
on, then the problem exists.

-- Nathan