[OpenAFS-devel] token/pag cleanup on i386_linux*

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:01:45 -0500

Yeah I'd be interested.  We are pondering an afs-authenticated web server for
some of our needs.  The "1 pag per second" rule and the performance
degredation under thousands of pags make recycling of pags necessary, but I
didn't think you could scan the whole process table effeciently enough to be
useful.  I'm thinking of a list of "known pags" that could be allocated, used,
and later reused when all the processes using them are known to be gone.
Anyone gotten further into this?

I would really like to see the GCPAGS code enabled if possible for other
things, but it won't help us for this.  We need the *web server* (not the afs
client) to verify that no processes are using a given pag anymore.