[OpenAFS-devel] problem with cpp directives in concatenation...

Daniel Jacobowitz dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:51:22 -0700

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:29:23PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> It sounds to me like gcc and/or glibc is going to have to change.  I'm
> sure we're not the only ones doing this sort of thing.

Never happen - they're within the letter of the law.  Preprocessor
directives are not required to work within macro expansion, and might
even be prohibited from doing so.  And anything in the standard library
not explicitly listed otherwise is allowed to be a macro.

They're not fond of making life easy for existing code, over in glibc
land...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team