[OpenAFS-devel] problem with cpp directives in concatenation...

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
14 Jun 2001 11:35:16 -0700

Daniel Jacobowitz <dmj+afs@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> That's the point.  It's required to exist as a function, but allowed to
> exist as a macro also.  Can't quote the relevant section and verse,
> since I can't afford the ISO documents...

C99 is only $20 from ANSI.

C99 section 7.1.4, paragraph 1:

7.1.4 Use of library functions

  1 Each of the following statements applies unless explicitly stated
    otherwise in the detailed descriptions that follow:
    [...]
    Any function declared in a header may be additionally implemented as a
    function-like macro defined in the header, so if a library function is
    declared explicitly when its header is included, one of the techniques
    shown below can be used to ensure the declaration is not affected by
    such a macro.