[OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
14 Jun 2001 14:46:14 -0400

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> What about aliases?  We use /afs/ir as an alias for /afs/ir.stanford.edu
> pretty extensively, for example (and /afs/.ir or /afs/.ir.stanford.edu for
> the RW path, which is a similar although not identical issue).

I would hope that there were a configuration file that contained
a list of aliases.

Question: should we code the convention of a RO <cell> and RW .<cell>
mountpoint?  This way you only need one set of aliases instead of
two (.ir -> .ir.stanford.edu would be implied by the defined alias
of ir -> ir.stanford.edu)

> Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

-derek