[OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:49:04 +0200

> What about aliases?  We use /afs/ir as an alias for /afs/ir.stanford.edu
> pretty extensively, for example (and /afs/.ir or /afs/.ir.stanford.edu for
> the RW path, which is a similar although not identical issue).

I discovered that certain aliases work by resolver magic. For example
"nada" just worked because i search "kth.se." in my resolv.conf and
there is an AFSDBRR for nada.kth.se. But you can allways provide
CellServDB entries for that. I didn't say you have to throw away your
whole CellServDB. Mountpoints to the RW root volume you can either
create by just assuming that .cell is the RW for cell or mount
somewhere else in your tree.

Harald.