[OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:09:14 -0400

Ted McCabe wrote:

> I suspect that if we're going the route of a config file that lists
> the aliases, then we should also have that config file describe the
> name mapping between RO <cell> and RW <cell> mountpoints.  I have the
> hazy recollection of learning of sites that follow a different
> convention from the '.' standard.

That's us. In our isis.unc.edu cell, we follow the "'.' standard". But
in our test cell, /afs/isis is the RW path into the isis cell -- very
handy for maintenance spanning multiple volumes that are largely
replicated in isis.
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu              http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
 /(919) 962-5273     Official Signature of the New Millennium /