[OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, David Thompson wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> >> Automagically
> >> creating .cell mount points for everything isn't the one I want.
> >
> >Nor I, at least in such capacity as I speak for my employers.
>
> OK...So what are you suggesting?

Configuration information has to be stored somewhere. Either some new flat
file, which is icky, or something registry-like, which also isn't terribly
pleasant. Pulling in a parser like one that parses krb5.conf and defining
an additional file for defining variables for enhancements in OpenAFS
probably isn't too horrible an idea, but it still gives me a sick feeling.

Truthfully, I lack any ideas which are capable of putting a smile on my
face, only ones which don't have me wretching.

-D