[OpenAFS-devel] Soft mounts for /afs root

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
15 Jun 2001 15:15:35 -0400

    Derrick> Which seems to be the level that many admins or at least
    Derrick> many site policies operate at, so that's not entirely
    Derrick> inappropriate, either.  I for one don't feel bad for
    Derrick> trying to create an environment at my site which I feel
    Derrick> provides the best user experience, based on my own
    Derrick> experience and feedback from those users.

No, actually, our customers want it is somewhat stronger than the
assertion that we should doo foo and up until now people hadn't really
even gotten around to saying our customers want it except for your
statement about ro vs rw.

    Derrick> The justification for the above is, respectively: -we
    Derrick> have configuration which expects /afs/.andrew.cmu.edu to
    Derrick> exist

Understood.

    Derrick> -I don't want to confuse things any more than
    Derrick> needed

How would having  mount points for  other cells be confusing?