[OpenAFS-devel] Extremely newbie question

Jonathan Day jd9812@my-deja.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:04:36 -0700

Hi,

Is there any (relatively painless) way of hooking the openafs code directly into the kernel tree?

Compiling the entire kit is wonderful, and all that, but after I've built the various directories, run the assorted scripts, waved the magic pencil sharpener, and uttered the sacred words of "this snapshot had better **** compile!", I usually get to the point of feeling that there are some elements to this process which could be refined.

Getting the kernel/module component to compile seperately from the tools, and ideally in the kernel tree itself, would be nice, as it would make it easier for me to figure out where things are breaking and/or blowing up.

Thanks for any help anyone can give (even if it's just a mild painkiller)

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/