[OpenAFS-devel] win2k client

Dave Koziol dkoziol@dragonflywireless.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:42:30 -0500

--On Thursday, March 1, 2001 3:58 PM +0100 Mads Kj=F8ller =
<mads@force-electronics.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason why there isn't any ready made win2k client for
> download? I have tried to compile one both with MSVC++ 5 and 6 with
> different type of errors at compile time. The last error I got was a
> parse error from compile_et on cmd_errors.et. Instead of printing the
> table name in the generated source-files it spits out (null).
>
> As I've more ar less given up, I would like to ask if anyone have a =
binary
> they would like to share. Hopefully with installshield.

It's been a little while since I've looked at this, but this problem is =
usually caused by the wrong end of line markers in the *.et files.  If I =
remember correctly, these files need to have unix end of line markers.

You might want to search the archives for Win2k.  Several people have sent =
some emails on things which make the client build or work better on Win2k. =
Some of the things I sent haven't been submitted into the archive because I =

didn't get feedback, and the company I was doing the work for folded, and I =

haven't had much free time to touch OpenAFS since.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll try to help,

Dave Koziol                    | koziol@izzy.net
Contract Software Development