[OpenAFS-devel] locking up symptom on 2.2.19pre11 + openafs cvs (from a few weeks ago)

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:42:46 -0600

I've got two servers (htdig and a system monitoring box), both that are
fairly memory intensive, and disk intensive. Over the past several
weeks, they have been periodically hanging in AFS access.

Basically, the machine appears to run just fine, but accesses to certain
regions of AFS just block. Unfortunately, the jobs in particular are
cron jobs that run every few minutes, and they accumulate to the point
of a 200+ load average.

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea why they are blocking. (It's like a
NFS hang, where nothing can do anything to the process.)

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to track down what might be
causing this for the next time it happens?

-- Nathan

CIS - Systems Programming                Fax: (573) 341-4216