[OpenAFS-devel] consistency in code, and patch ideas

Neulinger, Nathan R. nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:14:45 -0600

In adding the syslog support, I've noticed that the servers all seem to do
their argument processing slightly differently. Some us strcmp with
argv[code], some strcmp with arg, some strncmp with arg and alen, some
strcmp with argv[index]. While not accomplishing much, would a patch to make
these all the same be reasonable?

If so, which way do we want them?

Another patch that'd be reasonable I think would be to have all of the
main() functions consistently return int() and have the same prototype. If
nothing else, it would shut up gcc.

-- Nathan