[OpenAFS-devel] Hierarchical caching support in AFS?

Kangesh Gunaseelan kangesh@real.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:34:50 -0800

Hi,

From what I have read and understood, a client can pull data only from a
fileserver which houses data.  I am wondering if it is possible at all with
the openafs-1.0.3 to get hierarchical caching whereby an "edge" cache
manager upon request for a file from an application that runs on the "edge"
box pulls data from an "intermediate" cache manager or an "intermediate"
fileserver which, in turn,
- either pulls data from a "root" fileserver and serves to the "edges" if
data is not present in the local cache
- or serves data to the "edges" from its local cache if the data is already
present in the cache
?

Thanks,
Kangesh