[OpenAFS-devel] unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

Sam Hartman hartmans@mit.edu
03 May 2001 15:32:48 -0400

    Jan> Hello, I'am trying to deploy openafs on my PC with -
    Jan> Athlon/K7 - unstable Debian - 2.4.4 kernel

    Jan> Even if I compile modules from openafs-modules-source deb
    Jan> package or from original source, the compilation goues fine
    Jan> without any errors, however when I try to load the module, I
    Jan> get the following error: /lib/modules/2.4.4/fs/openafs.o:
    Jan> unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

Are you sure that you are building against the same kernel source and
config that you are running?

You might have better luck without modversions in the config, although
if you do please let us know as that would indicate a bug somewhere.

You could almost certainly get things working better by disabling mmx
support in your kernel build although that would be sort of annoying.