[OpenAFS-devel] DRAFT: New sysname standard

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 May 2001 16:27:11 -0400

No, the environment variable discussion was of historical interest.
It was a description of how Domain/OS worked.  Nobody (I hope)
believes that AFS should work that way.  All of my interpretation is
that @-variables are defined by the system administrator and would
work exactly how @sys works today, where the administrator sets the
variable in the system and all users of the system obtain the same
@-variable.

-derek