[OpenAFS-devel] DRAFT: New sysname standard

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:35:08 -0500

Yep. I figure just have:

fs setvar -name sys -value i386_linux22
fs setvar -name umr_arch -value redhat62

Should be very simple to implement, just need to add an additional
userspace->kernel opcode/pioctl call that takes two arguments. A "setvar"
for a variable that doesn't exist would create it, a setvar with no value
would delete it.

If no one else is already working on this, I'll be happy to work on a
prototype implementation for linux.

-- Nathan