[OpenAFS-devel] DRAFT: New sysname standard

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 May 2001 16:29:40 -0400

I agree that we would need conventions for @-variables.  That doesn't
make the proposal un-worthwhile.  It just means that the proposal
isn't yet complete.

Perhaps we should add to the proposal a set of well-defined (by
convention) variables that can have some pre-defined defaults.  Host
administrators can then change those defaults, of course, but they
would at least exist in some native form.

If we had enough of these @-variables, hopefully nobody would really
see the need to make their own extra ones, even if the interface
existed.

-derek