[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.0.4 hangs on RH7.1 SMP machine

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 8 May 2001 16:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 fba@zurich.ibm.com wrote:

> I've tried the 1.0.4 RPMs for RH7.1. They work fine on a UP machine, but on
> SMP machines I can do klog or ls and such stuff, but if I try to copy files
> or execute programs out of AFS, the command never comes back. (And ignores
> any attempt to kill it...) The machines are IBM xSeries (230 and 330) with
> two processors each.
> Is there a way around this or special binaries for SMP ?

You might try building your own kernel module rather than using the one I
provided but had no way to test. The binaries are uninteresting, only the
kernel module matters. I have a report that 1.0.4 works fine on a 4
processor 2.4.4 system with a module actually built on that system.

-D