[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.0.4 hangs on RH7.1 SMP machine

fba@zurich.ibm.com fba@zurich.ibm.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 14:25:25 +0200

On Tue, 8 May 2001 Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
> > I've tried the 1.0.4 RPMs for RH7.1. They work fine on a UP machine,
but on
> > SMP machines I can do klog or ls and such stuff, but if I try to copy
files
> > or execute programs out of AFS, the command never comes back. (And
ignores
> > any attempt to kill it...) The machines are IBM xSeries (230 and 330)
with
> > two processors each.
> > Is there a way around this or special binaries for SMP ?

> You might try building your own kernel module rather than using the one I
> provided but had no way to test. The binaries are uninteresting, only the
> kernel module matters. I have a report that 1.0.4 works fine on a 4
> processor 2.4.4 system with a module actually built on that system.
>
> -D

Doing the make build-it I see the same errors as Jon Gans reported. So I
guess I have to wait for the new packages...

Frank

Dr. Frank Bagehorn
IBM Zurich Research Lab.
Saeumerstr. 4
CH-8803 Rueschlikon
Switzerland
SMTP: fba@zurich.ibm.com
Notes: Frank Bagehorn/Zurich/IBM@IBMCH
phone: ++41 (01) 724 83 23  fax: ++41 (01) 724 89 59