[OpenAFS-devel] fs whereis info doesn't update when afsd is using different repli cate...

aeneous@speakeasy.org aeneous@speakeasy.org
Tue, 08 May 2001 22:27:44 -0400

> I can issue fs whereis on a dir/file, shut down that server, and then access
> the file (hangs for a long time then recovers), and then issue fs whereis
> again, and it still shows the original server (that is still down).
>
> Is there any way to get an accurate answer from fs whereis in this
> situation?

not to be patronizing...

If you are seeing the list of all replicas in preference order, that *is* an accurate answer.  It's printing them from the in-memory volume structure.  "fs checkservers" is the command to see which servers are down.  If you want to change the order, use "fs setserverprefs" and then look at what
"fs whereis" tells you.