[OpenAFS-devel] /etc/init.d/afs initscript for RedHat's

Kuba Ober kuba@mareimbrium.org
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:11:47 +0200

Hi there,

the init script for starting/stopping afs on RedHat systems, as distributed
in .rpm modules for RedHat systems contains invalid location of bos binary,
namely it uses /usr/afs/bin/bos, whereas on RH it's placed in /usr/bin/bos

This results in /etc/init.d/afs stop command stopping only the client, never
the server.

A simple test can be made to look for it either in /usr/afs/bin/ or
/usr/bin/, or a patch to the afs initscript can be made and included in the
rpm build process.

This pertains to openafs 1.0.4 RedHat 7.1 rpm files.

I'm not on the list, so please cc me with replies (if any - this is a
straightforward thing ;-)

Kuba Ober