[OpenAFS-devel] Unified patch, fixes compilation problem on openafs-1.0.4 for S/390

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 24 May 2001 17:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Adam Thornton wrote:

> This is a patch set that includes Carsten Jacobi's password fixes and
> also a very small tweak to the libafs Makefile prototype that lets it
> compile without error under Linux/390.  I'm a little nervous about
> running something called redhat.sh, since the distro *I'm* using is not
> Red Hat based, and I think the script ought to be renamed something a
> bit more generic (although, if it's a temporary measure, I guess it
> doesn't matter).

The original intent was that it would test to see if you needed "RedHat
Linux extensions" if you were on a Linux host, so that's a perfectly valid
reason to run it on a non-Redhat Linux platform.

The name doesn't reflect reality, but as the checkin comment said at the
time, it's merely a bridge until something better is ready.

-D