[OpenAFS-devel] afsdb support configuration

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 24 May 2001 18:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

On 24 May 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I presume that the current AFSDB support does not imply a "soft"
> root.afs volume, correct?  One feature I'd like to see is that /afs is
> dynamicaly created on-the-fly, instead of mounted from the home cell.
> Lots of open issues on how this would be done or what it would imply,
> which I don't want to get into this minute.

Correct, this is orthogonal to that.

And fwiw I'm trying to figure out how to resurrect the CLied code the NeXT
port used so the "I ran color ls in /afs" problem can be somewhat worked
around. This apparently isn't enough to help the MacOS X folks but will be
a step in the right direction. I'll have some of the same issues as I
brought up, namely, how do you configure it?