[OpenAFS-devel] afsdb support configuration

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 27 May 2001 21:09:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Shyh-Wei Luan wrote:

> > Things I can see people wanting, and I don't necessarily have approaches
> > in mind for any of it:
> > -Some sites will want to allow only cells from a list, but prefer or
> > require AFSDB lookup for those (I would do this with a CellServDB entry
> > with no servers, but it could be done other ways)
>
> Derrick, can you elaborate on what you mean by "allow only cells from a
> list".  One can always do an "fs newcell" to add a cell that's not in
> CellServDB, right?

As a superuser. For some users then always becomes never as they don't
have such privileges on the machines they use. The idea is administrators
may only wish to allow a certain set of cells to be accessed, and if you
have root, then you have root, but otherwise, you use the list they give
you and can't get arbitrary other places by just making a mount point.

-D