[OpenAFS-devel] Client for RedHat 7.1

Kuba Ober kuba@mareimbrium.org
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:37:31 +0200

Hi,
it's me (the usual complainer ;-) again.

(complaint 1 - RedHat 7.1)
The RedHat 7.1 client, as installed under RedHat 7.1 out-of-the-box is stable
for some time only.
Afterwards, the afsd processes are dead and not reacting to kill -9. This can
be helped with afsd -shutdown, but umount /afs fails anyway.
Sometimes the afsd processes are busy (they eat CPU time), but that's not
always reproducible.
So, because /afs cannot be unmounted, the libafs module cannot be rmmod'ed
either, and the only solution is to reboot (ugh).

I'm using RedHat stock 2.4.2 kernel, with precompiled OpenAfs module matching
this kernel.

I'm generally happy with afs, but right now only afs server can run on my
server machine, and clients can only run on Windows machines, which they do
happily.

Cheerz,
Kuba