[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver problem

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 17:57:20 +0100 (CET)

Some thoughts....

> > Suddenly the load increased to 15 or even more. Clients stopped working.

On Linux, are multiple threads in a single process adding up to the load?
How many threads do you have?

> It seems to me that one client (5b3c6d86) was able to consume nearly all
> ressources.

Do you have full connectivity between the fileserver and this host, i e
do all UDP packets from the server really reach the client? Firewalls?

I do not know if OpenAFS nowadays has protection against clients with
one-way-connectivity using up all resources (threads or whatever) of
the server. The IBM versions don't seem to have such protection.

Harald.