[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver problem

Thomas Mueller thomas.mueller@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:19:25 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Harald Barth wrote:

>=20
> Some thoughts....
>=20
> > > Suddenly the load increased to 15 or even more. Clients stopped wor=
king.
>=20
> On Linux, are multiple threads in a single process adding up to the loa=
d?

I think so, top shows different fileserver processes consuming cpu time.

> How many threads do you have?

We start the fileserver with "-p 24" and ps shows 33 processes.

>=20
> > It seems to me that one client (5b3c6d86) was able to consume nearly =
all
> > ressources.
>=20
> Do you have full connectivity between the fileserver and this host, i e=
=20
> do all UDP packets from the server really reach the client? Firewalls?

Yes, there is full connectivity between the fileserver and the client,
both are within our campus net and.=20

I believe the client is running WinNT and I'm afraid the user is doing=20
something like searching a file within a drive which is mapped to /afs=20

Thanks,
Thomas.
--=20
Thomas M=FCller, TU Chemnitz, Universit=E4tsrechenzentrum, D-09107 Chemni=
tz
Tel.: 0371/531-1755 Fax: -1629  mail: Thomas.Mueller@hrz.tu-chemnitz.de