[OpenAFS-devel] afs_call.c:afs_shutdown()

Patrick Sodre Carlos sodre@wam.umd.edu
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:47:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
   I'm trying to get my /afs directory to unmount correctly in my
ppc_darwin_14 distro. I noticed that it locks everytime after printing
"RxEvent...". So I went to the source code to take a look what was
happening, and here is a small snapshot of the area that I'm puzzled.

afs_call.c:afs_shutdown()

#if	defined(AFS_SUN5_ENV) || defined(RXK_LISTENER_ENV)
    afs_warn("RxEvent... ");
    /* cancel rx event deamon */
    while (afs_termState == AFSOP_STOP_RXEVENT)
		afs_osi_Sleep(&afs_termState);

My question is, how does the Rx event daemon ever gets "signalled" that it
should stop? On all the other daemon cancelation there was some sort of
Wakeup, but on the RXEvent case I could not find any.

I'm really new to this afs programming, so bear with me if the answer is
trivial...

Patrick Sodre

PS: This is the 1.2.2 version