[OpenAFS-devel] Incorrect behavior in osi_TimedSleep and ppc_darwin_14

Patrick Sodre Carlos sodre@wam.umd.edu
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:05:31 -0500 (EST)

I believe I have been able to track down the source of "shutdown" problem
for darwin_14. For some weird reason, rx_event goes into the
afs_osi_Wait(500,0,0) and never comes out of the
osi_TimedSleep::thread_block(0) - from osi_sleep.c. I believe that the
rx_event should work more like the AFSDB thread, from my understanding
rx_event spins checking for the events which does not sound like
optimal and is causing problems like the current one. Is there anyone
that can point me to a starting place on getting this problem solved?

Thank you very much,
Patrick Sodre