[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.2 client crashes on Mandrake 8.1

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:51:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Patrick Sodre Carlos wrote:

> Hey...
>
>     Here are the messages resulting from -verbose when my system boots
> with openAFS 1.2.2 client on:
>
> afsd: My home cell is 'sodre.cx'
> afsd: Creating '/usr/vice/etc/AFSLog'
> CreateCacheFile: Creaating cache file '/usr/vice/etc/AFSLog'
> SScall(137, 28)=0 afsd: Forking rx listener daemon.
> afsd: Forking rx callback listener.
> afsd: Forking rxevent daemon.
> afsd: Forking AFS daemon.

E.g. it fails immediately at startup?

I don't have time just now to figure out how Mandrake is changing their
kernel to mess with us, but if you wish to explore this issue, you may
wish to look at the patches Mandrake applies to their kernel, taking
special note of added spin locks and VFS changes.

-D