[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.2 client crashes on Mandrake 8.1

Patrick Sodre Carlos sodre@wam.umd.edu
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:45:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> E.g. it fails immediately at startup?

   Yes, it fails immediately at startup of AFS.

> I don't have time just now to figure out how Mandrake is changing their
> kernel to mess with us, but if you wish to explore this issue, you may
> wish to look at the patches Mandrake applies to their kernel, taking
> special note of added spin locks and VFS changes.
>
> -D

   It was working before with 1.2.1 with the same kernel I'm running
now. Do you still believe it is possible to be something with the mandrake
patches?

Patrick