[OpenAFS-devel] Multi-User Windows 2000 Token security

Sam Hartman hartmans@mekinok.com
27 Sep 2001 11:15:06 -0400

    Leif> On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 05:24:42PM -0700, James Peterson
    Leif> wrote:
    >>  As others have mentioned there is a security problem with
    >> Windows 2000 in a multi-user environment.
    >>
    >> The only work around is, for multi-user Windows 2000 configure
    >> it so that all Logon require a restart.
    >>

    Leif> If we can trust the security (?) of the local filesystem we
    Leif> could presumably replace klog with kinit+afslog (I am
    Leif> temporarily ignoring the problems of getting a
    Leif> multiuser-safe kerberos on windows) and do and afslog on
    Leif> each smb session start. Would this be possible or have I
    Leif> just assumed someting unrealistic, like access to windows
    Leif> sources... ??

I don't think you need to trust local filesystem.  I think you could
recompile kenh's aklog against a version of MIT Kerberos that supports
ccapi and have a solution for at least krb5.

This assumes you can know when the session starts of course.