[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-testers: Mandrake 8.1

Patrick Sodre Carlos sodre@wam.umd.edu
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 09:50:21 -0400 (EDT)

Here is my first report about testing AFS on Mandrake.

System Setup
  greed.sodre.cx: (The server)
  Dual AMD Athlon MP 1.2Ghz - 512 RAM
  Mandrake ver: 8.1 (Vitamin)
  kernel: 2.4.8-26mdksmp (2processors)
  openAFS ver: CVS-27Sep2001
  openAFS cache: 50Megs on /dev/ram0 (ext2)
  openAFS partitions: /vicepa /vicepb /vicepc /vicepd

  lust.sodre.cx: (The client)
  Mobile Pentium III 600Mhz - 192 RAM
  Mandrake ver: 8.1 (Vitamin)
  kernel: 2.4.8-26mdk
  openAFS ver: CVS-27Sep2001
  opeaAFS cache: 20Megs on /dev/hda10 (ext2) - dedicated

Compilation
  greed.sodre.cx:
      The only problem found was that make -j <number> does not work
correctly and therefore one CPU was idling .. :)
  lust.sodre.cx: No problems found

openAFS client tests:
   lust.sodre.cx:
      1- find /afs/sodre.cx -type -noleaf
           no problems found here.
      2- Work with AFS when greed.sodre.cx is disconnected.
           Failed. When I rebooted 'greed' the openAFS client running on
'lust' gave me a `oops' message. After that if I tried doing `ls -la
/afs/sodre.cx/` it would give me more `oops'. I have them logged with
me(ksymooopsed) and I can send to anyone who wants to take a look.
           Solution. Wait for the 'greed' to reboot. There was no need to
reboot 'lust' and everything worked without any other hitches.
      3- Major file copying - No problems.
            Copied the whole precompiled openAFS distribution from
'lust' to /afs/sodre.cx/.
            make clean
            Recompiled everything in the /afs workspace.

openAFS Server tests:
    greed.sodre.cx:
       1- find /afs/sodre.cx -type -noleaf
            no problems found
       2- burned a CD
            no problems found
       3- Major file copying - No problems
            - Moved my Mandrake distribution (3 unpacked cds) to
/afs/sodre.cx/software

I'm not sure if this what you guys wanted... but I thought I should report
some of the stuff that works and those that did not work as well.

Patrick Sodre

PS: If this was annoying I'll stop.