[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-testers: Mandrake 8.1

Patrick Sodre Carlos sodre@wam.umd.edu
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:36:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Patrick Sodre Carlos wrote:
>
> > openAFS client tests:
> >    lust.sodre.cx:
> >       1- find /afs/sodre.cx -type -noleaf
> >            no problems found here.
>

> >       2- Work with AFS when greed.sodre.cx is disconnected.
> >            Failed. When I rebooted 'greed' the openAFS client running on
> > 'lust' gave me a `oops' message. After that if I tried doing `ls -la
> > /afs/sodre.cx/` it would give me more `oops'. I have them logged with
> > me(ksymooopsed) and I can send to anyone who wants to take a look.
> >            Solution. Wait for the 'greed' to reboot. There was no need to
> > reboot 'lust' and everything worked without any other hitches.
>

> explain more thoroughly the relationship? which was the server? when was
> the client started?
>
> -D

    Sure, 'lust.sodre.cx' is the client, and 'greed.sodre.cx' is the
server. Both client and servers were initially up. I turned the server
machine off. From the client machine I entered /afs/sodre.cx/ and
did an ls -la. After some time trying to contact the server it gave up and
presented me with a 'oops'.  After that any subsequent calls to ls -la
would fail inside /afs/sodre.cx until I restarted the server machine
- greed.sodre.cx.

   Is it clearer?

Patrick Sodre