[OpenAFS-devel] sparc64-linux24

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 09:56:17 -0600

I was trying to build openafs for the SuSE 7.3 UltraSPARC version(kernel
is 2.4.14), and I've run into a snag. I looked through the README's and
some of the code, but I haven't been able to figure out an answer. When
I do a "naive" build of openafs, the libafs module has references to the
32 bit syscall table. That symbol doesn't get exported unless the
CONFIG_SOLARIS_EMUL_MODULE option is enabled. Looking through the
osi_module.c that has the references to sys_call_table32, it looks as
though its possible to configure AFS_SPARC64_LINUX.... defines to
control whether it uses the 32 or 64 bit syscall table.

So, the question is, what goes into a sparc64 kernel configuration to
support openafs, or should I change the openafs config file defines to
exclude the references to the 32 bit syscall table.

Thanks.

--
work -> kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com	(507) 289-6910 ext 1
home -> kenaaker@screaminet.com